About Premier Surgical
Established in 2004, Premier Surgical is an Irish owned, surgical solutions company that provides accessible support and world-class innovative medical devices for Orthopaedic, Gynaecology and Urology surgeons in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
We strive to consistently advance the field of surgery through world-class medical device innovations, education, training and technical support. Our mission is ‘supporting surgeons always’; this is the everyday goal shared by our people.
Our Orthopaedic Division
This is an exciting period to be working within our rapidly expanding Orthopaedic Division and an excellent opportunity to build a career in this field. Each of our specialists are at the forefront of orthopaedic advancement, leading the adoption of new global developments in surgical technique throughout Ireland.
Premier Surgical is exclusively partnered with Medacta International, a pioneer in developing innovative joint replacement, spine surgery, and sports medicine solutions. Medacta’s innovation, forged by close collaboration with surgeon leaders globally, began with minimally invasive surgical techniques and has evolved into personalised solutions for every patient.
Medacta has leveraged its orthopaedic expertise and comprehensive understanding of the human body to develop the sophisticated ‘MySolutions technology’, which offers surgeons highly personalized pre-operative planning and implant placement methodologies by creating advanced personalised kinematic models and 3D planning tools for use in hip, knee, shoulder and spine procedures. More recently, Medacta introduced it’s revolutionary ‘NextAR’ Augmented Reality Surgical Platform for both joint replacement and spine procedures. This innovative solution features advanced planning tools, a revolutionary tracking system and an augmented reality to potentially improve surgical accuracy and efficiency.
Making a difference globally is a core value at the heart of our company. Premier Surgical is very proud to have been the first Irish Company to lend its support to launch the Irish Chapter of ‘Operation Walk’ to Vietnam. Operation Walk seeks to enhance the orthopedic surgical options for patients and orthopedic surgeons in developing countries, providing hip and knee replacements for people with advanced arthritis.
About The Role
Job Title: Surgical Territory Account Manager
Reporting to: Orthopaedic Sales Manager
(Occasional travel outside of this territory may be required for case cover)
Employment Type: Mid-senior level
Overview: The Territory Manager will achieve sales and market share objectives by promoting a range of Surgical Devices to Key Opinion Leaders and Large Hospital Groups across the Dublin/Leinster Territory.
Customers: Orthopaedic Surgeons, Orthopaedic Registrars, Theatre Staff and Procurement across the Territory (Private & HSE)
Who We’re Looking For
- We are seeking a candidate with good commercial acumen and a minimum of 5 years + experience from any of the following backgrounds:
- Orthopaedic Territory Manager: trauma and/or spine
- Orthopaedic Clinical Support Specialist: trauma
- Biomechanical or Biomedical Engineer
- Previous experience in the following HCP backgrounds is a bonus:
- Physiotherapist: hospital and/or private practice experience
- PeriOperative Nurse (Theatre Nurse): orthopaedic trauma surgery/spine cases
- Sales experience with a proven track record is necessary for this role.
- Candidates must hold a third level qualification (minimum: NFQ Level 8, Honours Bachelor Degree).
- Demonstrates an ability to articulate highly technical information to a diverse audience of medical professionals (especially at consultant level).
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; displaying initiative, dependability and a high level of motivation.
- Candidate needs to be highly credible with strong influencing skills and the ability to build effective, collaborative relationships.
- Must display excellent organisational and project management skills, with the ability to multi-task under time constraints.
- Can effectively present information in an accessible way.
- Must have skills that enable collaboration and communication, including excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- The prospective candidate must hold a full driving license.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset: as a proactive individual, you take the initiative and forge ahead despite the roadblocks in front of you. This self-reliance is complimented by your ability to identify opportunities and rise to the challenge of securing them.
- Strong Work Ethic & Driven to Succeed: You display a strong work ethic, initiative and are able to work under pressure and deliver excellent client service to customers.
- Open to a Challenge: You have grit and determination and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and overcome obstacles.
- Continuous Learner: You have a growth mind-set and are a creative problem solver, always looking for improvements and efficiencies.
- Collaborator: You like working with others and believe that ultimately the best results come from shared investment and buy-in across all levels of a team.
- Analytical and Creative: You combine analysis with innovation, and love diving into data to surface key insights, using these to improve results and innovate performance.
- Excellence: You enjoy the work you do, nurture excellence in team execution and continuously challenge and refine processes.
- Communication: You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, displaying initiative, dependability, and a high level of motivation.
- Relationship Builder: You are highly credible with strong influencing skills and the ability to build effective, collaborative relationships.
- In the first year, your primary responsibility is to nurture existing customer relationships, supporting their clinical requirements.
- To gain a deep understanding of the clinical field and become a product expert in Medacta Spine.
- Grow and Manage Clinical Relationships on Territory
- Promote the company’s range of products and solutions in-theatre
- Education and Demonstration of specific Products you are selling
- Achieve pre-agreed targets and market share in both a Key Account Management and New Business Sales Environment
- Attend exhibitions and clinical meetings as required
- Acquire, maintain and keep up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of the territory, including information on current customers, business potential, purchasing protocols, competitor activity and market trends.
- Report monthly on sales activity, business prospects and competitor activity, and on a quarterly basis on sales performance, territory business plan and market trends.
- Management of the Company’s assets within the territory, loan and consignment inventory, to ensure a profitable return on investment.
- Follow up of all sales leads, customer enquiries and requests for assistance to ensure sales opportunities are maximised and the customer is provided with a first class service.
- Liaison with colleagues from other parts of our clients business to ensure that cross-business opportunities within the territory are maximised.
This Role Offers the Chosen Candidate
- Competitive Compensation: An attractive compensation package with a strong fixed salary and an excellent and comprehensive benefits package (including company car); reflecting the responsibility of the role.
- Strategic Planning: The opportunity to build and execute a strategic business development plan within a highly respected and established organisation.
- Supportive Culture: A highly supportive and collaborative environment where you will have the tools to deliver upon your goals.
- Flat Organisational Structure: A low bureaucratic environment where you can influence goals and direction.
You can apply for this role with your CV/Resume and cover letter below