If heavy menstrual periods affect your quality of life, with Thermablate, your life could be back to normal in about 2 and a half minutes
Thermablate Endometrial Ablation is a clinically proven, gentle two and a half minute treatment that can significantly reduce or stop the flow of your heavy menstrual period. The Thermablate system is used in premenopausal women with menorrhagia due to benign causes for whom child bearing is complete. The treatment can be done in an outpatient clinic or the operating room depending on whether you want to be awake or fully asleep.
How does it work?
- A heat shielded catheter is inserted into the uterine cavity
- At the tip of this catheter, there is a soft tipped silicone balloon
- A heated sterile liquid flows through the catheter and into the balloon
- The balloon conforms to the shape of the cavity, thus gently touching the lining of the uterus
- The balloon inflates and deflates 3 times during the 2 minute procedure
- Through this emission of heat, the endometrium is destroyed
The vast majority of women experience positive changes in their life after a Thermablate procedure. Women worldwide choose to have a Thermablate treatment to improve every aspect of their lives.
If you wish to maintain fertility, endometrial ablation, by any method, is not an option for you.
CONTACT US TODAY