How does it work?
- A heat shielded catheter is inserted into the uterine cavity
- At the tip of this catheter, there is a soft tipped silicone balloon
- A heated sterile liquid flows through the catheter and into the balloon
- The balloon conforms to the shape of the cavity, thus gently touching the lining of the uterus
- The balloon inflates and deflates 3 times during the 2 minute procedure
- Through this emission of heat, the endometrium is destroyed
The vast majority of women experience positive changes in their life after a Thermablate procedure. Women worldwide choose to have a Thermablate treatment to improve every aspect of their lives.
If you wish to maintain fertility, endometrial ablation, by any method, is not an option for you.